Monday, May 25, 2009

Orange Crush

I am slowly learning when to say "when"; when enough is enough. Everyday things, such as when to say, it's okay that this paint tray is still a little green, and when it's worth it to keep those paint brushes looking great by spending an extra 10 minutes on them. 

I decided today that I'm worth more to me than I have been treating myself as. I am more than just what others think or see of me. I am more than who I associate myself with, the clothes I choose to wear, my major, the pieces I perform, and both my successes and failures. I am simply more than that. 

I am so relieved to be home. Luther is such a wonderful place, but truly when finals week started (and the semester "ended"), I said to myself, "I do not want to do that again". I really didn't, and I still don't.  A lot of people I know can't wait for summer to be over, they just want to be back on campus. Me, no thanks. I love luther college, but man do I need a break. 

I think this summer is probably going to teach me far more about myself than I expect. (but now i'm expecting it.... hmmmm)

anyway, 
I'm home.
I'm really excited to work at Roseville String Camp!
I'm so pumped for the Mississippi River Challenge
I still can't get enough lemonade.
I'm actually going to practice this summer.
And my family still rocks. 

2 comments:

Kerry said...

I love you! You mean so much to me, you beautiful, sweet, vibrant, wild child! And I know that I have had enough of not having Emmalee in my life.

Unknown said...

so why is this titled orange crush?