Monday, March 11, 2013

Murica

Thoughts:

1) I believe the end of this blog is coming. I'll keep you posted. (posted!, get it?)

2) I've been making many lists in anticipation of my asian relocation. Some of them legitimate, some of them not so much i.e. Things I'm Going to Miss But Suck at Skyping (my bed, chipotle, cats, etc)
One of my more serious lists is my October Box list. This box will arrive at my apartment in October, filled with seasonal/favorite things. Mostly because I think October is just gonna be the suckiest. I'll have been there for 3 months, the weather will start to change, and all I'll want are scarves knitted by Maren, pumpkin spice EVERYTHING, and halloween. None of these things will be around... so I'm gonna send them to myself! Life's short - make yourself happy. ANYWAY. my box. here's what's on my october box list.
-one can of pumpkin puree
-2 boxes of stove top stuffing (usually I make it from scratch, but COME ON gimme a break)
-hocus pocus dvd
-glitter pumpkin
-hello kitty pumpkin decorating kit ("thanks, mom" said begrudgingly)
-pine scented candle
-christmas button ingredients (how i'm going to find christmas m&ms before I leave, I have no idea)
-ELF

3) Continuing on this list about lists (oh my god, I need help), I was asked earlier today "So, what's on your American bucket list before you leave the states forever?". Let it be known that I am NOT leaving forever. I'll be home for christmas (cue the song, 9 months in advance). and I've only signed a 2 year contract. I hadn't thought about it though. I mean, my burger consumption has skyrocketed in the last 2 weeks, but I thought that was caused by my menstrual cycle and stress. sorry to get personal? Maybe it's just me, lovin on some great american beef, knowing that burgers are going to be a painfully disappointing korean experience... who knows!?

So, come at me. What would you do if you only had 136 days left in this blessed land?
 Tweet me @emmaleej
email me at johnem06@luther.edu
comment on this post

No comments: