Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Atypical

I haven't blogged in quite a while.
I feel like I owe you.

Thusly, I give you
How I Ended Up With 4 Different Passports Before I Turned 23

Passport #1
I was 16 years old, traveling to Italy with a girls choir. It happened.

Passport #2
In order to travel to Austria and Germany when I was 20, I had to get a new passport because I had changed my name legally when I turned 18.

Passport #3
At the age of 22, just after I graduated from Luther, I arrived in France and my passport was stolen. I got my third passport at 7 am at the US consulate in Paris. It was beautiful. sarcasm.

It was a temporary passport, meaning it was only valid for 3 months, which leads me to...

Passport #4
Once I arrived home, I applied for a real, non temporary passport with my new name AND I WILL HAVE IT UNTIL I'M 32, DAMNIT!


I knew you were all dying to know.
You're welcome.

No comments: