Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's been a while

I used to blog a lot more when I didn't have this idea that it had to mean something. In my old blog it was just me talking about whatever, but this one is a little more challenging. I designed it to challenge myself, so I'm going to. I tend to avoid things that challenge me, I really like taking the easy way, which really sucks. This really wasn't the point of this post so I'm going to move on.

This week I sang for seminar. No big d, right? mmmm... about that.
I really dislike memorizing music simply because I'm afraid I'll forget it in performance. Just solo stuff. Choir music I had NO problem with. So, it was my turn. I did reallly well introducing my piece, I even impressed myself. My voice did fine, but my brain was kinda just sitting there going "ehhh emmalee? what are we doing right now? is this italian?" yeah good thing, brain. thanks.
I ended up really disappointed in myself, not for my performance, but for my attitude, approach, and preparation. I totally saw this as a scary thing that i just wanted to be over.

I'm going to work on seeing everything as a challenge that I have the opportunity to work towards overcoming. Not something I HAVE to do. Something that I would like to succeed at and work on.

No comments: