Sunday, January 24, 2010

support

"Seven Blunders of the World"

1. Wealth without work

2. Pleasure without conscience

3. Knowledge without character

4. Commerce without morality

5. Science without humanity

6. Worship without sacrifice

7. Politics without principle

-Ghandi

I'm reading Food, Inc and Animal Vegetable Miracle right now, and it's blowing my mind how messed up things can get when there is no power check or when people don't consider the consequences of their actions. Every month (it seems) I get this reminder of the importance of the consciousness involved in choice in my life. I can't believe that there is this much power and money in the world that is in the hands of so few people. I also cannot believe the morals of some people. Learning about the treatment of animals, workers, the environment, and plants in the "food industry" has been one of the most frustrating things ever. I encourage you, whatever poor soul reads this thing, to find out WHAT you're eating. where it came from - odds are, it came from a lab or warehouse without social, economic, or environmental principles.

No comments: