Thursday, April 1, 2010

A little late

but i just gotta take a moment and express my gratitude for my family. extended and immediate.
i know we may not be as "close" as other families, but man - they're literally my people. i am their person. we belong (cyndi lauper anyone? sam? YES)

so, my orchestra concert in fort dodge I had two uncles (who beyond high school didn't do anything musical other than listen to jimmy buffet) a pseudo aunt (they should just get married already), both my parents, and my grandma - my only living grand parent.

as much as i see my extended family as pretty opposite of me, they're pretty awesome. hilarious, and usually nice.

i think shit's about to get real though... my grandma's not doing too well. and this is not me looking for sympathy or comments or anything. its just weird. i haven't really dealt with death (other than my dog) since 2nd or 3rd grade. i am excited about something though - my mom and i are gonna go down and stay with her this summer while my uncle (who lives with her) is up in canada. we're gonna re wallpaper her kitchen? i feel like knowing how to wallpaper is a really good skill. not life or death... but cool! and my grandma's pretty cool. especially for not having toes.

anyway, that's what i got right now.
-em

2 comments:

Kyle said...

no toes?

Aaron Rosell said...

Are you going to be out of MN??