Thursday, November 12, 2009

Parlez-vous francias?

So I've been asking a lot of questions lately, but not formally.

I've been trying to make plans for myself through course selection, summer plans, future schools etc. I've found four professors on campus who are SO willing to help.

They each have ideas for me that are so appealing and inspiring, and none of them want it for me. They all want me to figure out what I want for me.

There is no WRONG or RIGHT. that is the hardest thing I'm dealing with right now. There is no "should". For so long, I have operated on "should", which I believe led me to Luther. There are parts of this institution I find inspiring, and other I find not welcoming at all. In some ways, I do believe I made a poor choice coming here, but this place has led me to find a new direction. I have found a new part of myself that I doubt I would have ever seen. I now know so many people (beyond family and life long friends) that are supportive and inspiring.

Today is just one of those days that change feels so GOOD. I'm going for what I want, even though it may be frustrating, ever lasting and difficult. For the first time in a while, I feel downright fabulous. about me! AND, through that, I know you're fabulous too! YOU'LL SEE IT, I SWEAR!

No comments: