Wednesday, December 17, 2008

One Thing I Wish..

I wish that when you looked at something, you could see the time that was spent producing it. If you really think about it, you can piece all the parts of the process together and come up with it. I really wish there was some kind of label that clearly communicated time and effort.

I read through my Paideia papers from this semester, and it took me like 3 minutes to read one paper. It was ridiculous to me because I spent so much time working on them, planning them out, worrying about them, and it just went past me in 3 minutes.

I made a million christmas buttons tonight, and it took me an hour and a half. If you look at the three pans and think that it only takes 5 minutes to bake that it took like a half hour tops. Things like that. Being able to see the time, effort, love, anything that goes into producing something.

just a thought.

No comments: